Prizl is a contingent crowdfunding payments platform with many applications. We're working on two right now:
- FanPay.org fan-funds compensation for college athletes, but escrows these funds until after the athlete graduates.
- FundRun.us, where you can vote with your money about who you want to run for political office. If the candidate runs, their campaign gets the money; if not, we refund the contributor.
Click on something you want to make happen.
"Wait, how does it work?!"
- You want something done.
- You back a Prizl to make it happen.
- If it happens, we pay who did it.
- If not, we refund your money in full.
What Prizlers want:
Effective Date: 6 November 2013
Please read these Terms of Service (the “Agreement” or “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the services offered by Prizl, LLC (“Prizl”). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your use of the website at www.Prizl.org and all subdomains (collectively, the “Site”), and the service owned and operated by Prizl (which together with the Site is known as the “Service”). By using or purchasing this Service in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content, information, or other materials or services to the Site, you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
Philosophy of Prizl
At its essence, Prizl is dedicated to serve the public good by recalibrating for the Internet age the funding of innovation. As such, Prizl will not tolerate condone any mean-spirited, unconstructive, or offensive behavior conducted in the use of the Service. Rather, Prizl will work to encourage and support an atmosphere of fun, goodwill, collaboration, and transparency.
Summary of Service
Prizl is a crowd-funding website which brings together in an online marketplace those who want a future outcome with those who can provide that outcome. As a third party, Prizl administers these fundraising campaigns ( “Prizl campaigns”, including the payment transactions involved.
For each Prizl campaign an outcome (the “Goal”) is defined, and users then contribute money towards that Prizl campaign to achieve that goal. This money (the Prizl “Bank”) is used to pay an award to individuals or entities who achieve the Goal as previously defined by the conditions of each specific Prizl campaign.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any payment activity that occurs in your account.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws). International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack Prizl or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Prizl.org.
- Some use of the Service may require payment of fees. You must pay all applicable fees, as described on the Site in connection with any Service which you select. Prizl reserves the right to change the amount of its fees. Funds pledged to support a Prizl campaign may be collected by Balanced Payments or other payment processing companies as selected by Prizl at its sole discretion. Prizl is not responsible for the performance of those such payment processing companies.
- Prizl reserves the right to cancel a Prizl campaign at any time. At the time of cancellation of a Prizl campaign, contributors will be notified via email and refunded their contribution to the Prizl Bank, less any fees.
- Prizl is not responsible for defamatory or libelous statements which are made by users in connection with the Service. Prizl retains the right to monitor the Site and delete illegal or offensive content, or any content deemed unsuitable by Prizl.
Prizl reserves the right to alter these Terms of Service at any time. If the alterations constitute a material change to the Terms of Service, Prizl will notify you via email according to the address provided on your account. What constitutes a “material change” will be determined in good faith at Prizl's sole discretion, using common sense and reasonable judgment.
Violation of any of these agreements can and will result in the termination of your Prizl.org account.
Please note that any content you put on our webpage is not considered personally identifiable information pursuant to our policy and may be republished by us.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US AND ITS USE
You are not generally required to provide information about yourself when you visit our website. However, should you wish to register for certain services, access certain content, make a contribution, create a fundraising page, or directly contact the website, you may be asked for some or all of the following information:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address, zip code, phone number, and other related information
- User name, password, and password hint questions
- Age and date of birth
- Other demographic information such as gender and job information
- Information for maintaining a public profile
- Preferred means of communication
In addition, should you wish to contribute money toward the gifts for any college student, you may be asked to provide the following:
- Payment verification information, such as credit card number, bank account number, or PayPal account number
- Social security number or comparable national identifier
- Other information as related to processing your payment and confirming your payment information.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIRD PARTIES
The following information may be collected automatically from all visitors to the website by either us or third parties acting on our behalf and may be used for internal customer tracking and business purposes, as well as any other purposes to support our business and comply with matters of law:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- Sites you visited before and after visiting our site
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on from our site
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of your device in accordance with applicable law
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other technologies
- Standard server log information
- Other information collected naturally by Google Analytics and similar programs
4. HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We only use payment and identity verification information (such as credit card numbers, driver’s license numbers and social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary): for completing particular transactions; if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the intellectual property rights of others; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights and/or property.
All other information collected about you may be used for a wide range of other purposes, including to fulfill requests for services, to analyze the demographics of our customer base, to customize content and advertising to your needs, to market our brand, to improve customer service, to improve our site, to send periodic emails to users, to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal use of our site and services or use of our site and services in a manner that would violate the Terms of Service, and for any other purpose disclosed to you, or reasonably known by you, at the time we collect the information.
5. CHANGING AND REMOVING INFORMATION
If you choose to share information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on our website or by contacting us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information about you to satisfy both our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in backup storage even if you ask for it to be deleted. In some cases you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
6. PASSWORD PROTECTION
We are committed to protecting your information. All password protected sections of the website are encrypted with standard security measures. All User profiles and payment screens are password protected.
7. CALIFORNIA USERS
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which FanPay has disclosed certain information during the previous year for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of the request, as well as include your name, street address, city, state and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or otherwise improperly sent, or which have other incorrect information.
8. OUR POLICY TOWARD MINORS
Our website is not for the use of those below the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from someone under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In those instances where FanPay has actual knowledge that it has collected information from anyone under 13, it will comply with all applicable laws including the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
In addition, FanPay will only accept donations to college students from those aged 18 or older. Users under the age 18 should that wish to make a donation to a college athlete should request that a parent or guardian make the donation on their behalf.
9. USER GENERATED CONTENT
10. THIRD PARTY SITES
11. MERGER, ACQUISITION SALE OR BANKRUPTCY
In the event that FanPay is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, or other reorganization related transaction (e.g., insolvency, reorganization, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or any other transaction changing either ownership or control of the company), there may be a disclosure of your personally identifiable information to another entity that is related to that transaction or event. We cannot control the manner in which that information is treated, transferred, protected, or used by such other entity.
12. OPT OUT CLAUSE
At any time, if any individual person would not like his or her name to be used on FanPay, the individual may elect to opt out of having their name used by filling out an opt-out form. The opt-out form may be found at fanpay.org/opt-out. If for any reason you wish to opt out and have trouble viewing the form, you also may contact us directly at email@example.com
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
14. QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
PO Box 162
Durham, NC 27702